ClientAgence de l’Eau Artois-Picardie
- French water-protection agency
- Aims to conserve, protect and save on water
- 4 sites, 300 users
- Reduce costs of investments, maintenance and operation
- Simplify the communication infrastructure
- Support integration of new, added-value communication services
Agence de l’Eau Artois-PicardieThe purpose of the Agence de l’Eau Artois-Picardie (Artois-Picardy Water Agency) is to conserve, protect and save on water. It applies France’s national policy on water and its local use while complying with general interests as well as the environmental, social and economic specifics of the Artois-Picardy hydrographical basin.
The regional water agency was facing unexpected problems associated with its ageing telephone system, resulting in high maintenance expenses. The bid for tender for a new solution aimed at reducing costs, simplifying the communication infrastructure and its management, ensuring durability of investments and integrating new, emerging communication services through an open and upgradeable solution.
The customer chose Aastra to migrate its infrastructure, which was based on a heterogeneous PBX, to a spatially redundant IP-based PBX offering Unified Communications functions and operated via a new set of IP terminals with advanced ergonomics. In the future, the customer wishes to integrate web applications that will offer new functions such as ‘click to call’, allowing phone calls to be made directly from the user’s computer.
- Aastra 5000
- Aastra TWP (Telephony Web Portal)
- A simplified, reliable and upgradeable solution
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Possibility of integrating web applications